I don’t like to cook and this is a fact that anybody close to me knows. But, I am also committed to feeding my family with the healthiest and best tasting foods possible. Therefore, processed foods aren’t part of our diet. Every day, when I step into the kitchen to cook, I keep in mind that I have to make the best food possible, which has become a challenge because we are currently on a diet to lose weight.
When I was younger, I used to think that having a low-calorie meal and still make it tasteful was something almost impossible until I became a dietitian technician and found out that diet food can also be delicious.
In fact, I have been able to lose 4lbs within 3 weeks of a meal plan and my husband was down 7 lbs without having to suffer any untasteful dishes. Our expectation was to comply with the goal of lowering 1lb per week and my husband was able to go way above me by losing almost twice as much as I did. My conclusion is that you can lose weight by eating much healthier without having to give up on taste. You just have to be creative.
Since I am committed more than ever to maintain my diet and workout routine going on in order to lose the annoying mommy’s tummy, I will start to share with you here all my recipes that I have been trying or creating at home with a high approval on taste, my taste.
Without pressure or rush let’s get rid of all the fat we can acquire during pregnancy and obtain the flat stomach of our dreams together by eating some delicious meals that will nourish our bodies with no guilt. As a dietician technician, I know the importance of counting calories so you can lose weight healthily. The main idea is always to keep your dishes pretty colorful by adding a balanced mix of fruits, vegetable and proteins.
A thing that works and it is just as important to me, which is to have a different meal on the table every day. I would never be able to keep myself on a diet where I have to eat the same dry, untasteful food from meal preps for 7 straight days for 4 weeks. Therefore, I have for you here one of my favorite snacks that you can make to enjoy a weekend family gathering watching a great movie while eating guilt-free, a delicious Cauliflower Pizza.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Ingredients and materials:
Shred Parmesan Cheese
A cauliflower head
9 pieces of Peperone
- First, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Take one head of cauliflower, wash and chop up the florets.
- Place the cauliflower in a pan and cook it for 15-20 minutes. You also can cook it in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- Then place the chopped cauliflower in a food processor, pulse for around 30 seconds until the cauliflower looks like snow.
- Now it’s time to squeeze all the water out of the flowers by placing them in an old clean dishcloth. Make it as much dry as possible.
- After this step, it’s time to add an egg and the rest of the ingredients; salt, parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Stir all of them together.
- Form a dough into a ball with your hands and place on a pizza pan.
- Spread the dough out to the edges of the pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the crust is golden brown as in the picture below.
- Now the fun part. Add the tomato sauce of your preference, spinach, olives, pepperoni, shredded parmesan cheese and sliced tomatoes. Change your oven to the broil feature and broil for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
The recipe serves 4 people.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time 35 minutes