Summer is around the corner and my backyard is on track to be ready and all I can think about is how I’m going to spend my evenings, lighting up the barbecue and enjoying some exotic cocktails. As you may know, I don’t drink alcohol but, I really appreciate a good presentation. That’s why I am very picky about how my drinks appear. It makes me feel as if I were at a beach in the Caribbean or Brazil.
Today I am bringing you a refreshing Blood Orange Cocktail that is not only delicious but it’s also beautiful. I never understood a very common phrase in Brazil that states: “We eat with our eyes first”, until I started to be more careful on how my food looks. A beautiful presentation is sure to wake up your palate.
If you are looking for ideas to sparkle up your date night at home or staycation, this drink is certainly a great fit. Easy to make, it has a perfect hint of bubbles and ingredients to shake out the pickiest taste buds.
Let’s go over to what you were waiting for, right? I am certain that you do not want to wait any longer to try out this delicious Blood Orange Mocktail Recipe.
Blood Orange Mocktail Recipe INGREDIENTS
- For the Mint Syrup
- 4 table spoom OF SUGAR CANE or HONEY
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- For the Cocktail
- 1/2 oz mint simple syrup
- 1 oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- Blood orange slices (for garnish)
- 2-3 oz of sparkling water OR DIET 7UP ( prefer the 7UP version)
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Make the mint syrup. In a small pan, combine melted sugar cane and water. Stir until the honey has dissolved and torn in some mint leaves. Let sit for 2 minutes or less, then strain the mint leaves from the syrup. Transfer to a small jar and refrigerate to cool.
- Make the cocktail. In a flute glass, add a slice of blood orange on the bottom or along the sides of the glass. Add in cooled honey syrup, sparkling water or diet 7up, and blood orange juice, and stir to combine. Fill the glass to the top and add some fresh mint leaves. ENJOY!